George Cooper, CIP – Facilitator
A native Albertan, George is an enthusiastic and energetic individual with thirty years experience in the education and development, management, sales, and service areas of the insurance industry.
He is highly motivated and his principal strengths include communication, creativity, initiative and problem solving. To further his career, he progressively achieved the positions of:
- Co-operative Education Coordinator Insurance and Marketing Programs, Mount Royal University
- Insurance Learning Specialist, Triple C Educational Services Inc.
- Education Coordinator, AMA Insurance Services
- Sessional Instructor, Mount Royal University
- Instructor, Insurance Institute of Southern AB (Instructor of the Year 2000, 2006)
- Sessional Instructor, Bow Valley College
Among his significant achievements are the development and implementation of programs improving individual and team performance in:
- Personal lines insurance sales and service.
- Insurance agent licensing exams.
- Insurance Institute of Canada CIP courses.
- Interpersonal and technical skill development.
- Career pathing specific to the insurance industry.
- A commitment to excellence and a sincere desire to help people succeed in personal and professional development are his most notable characteristics.
He achieved his Certificate in Business Management in 1989, his Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation in 1996 and continues his professional development through various educational programs.
For many years he has been, and continues to be, an active volunteer with the Insurance Institute of Southern Alberta and the Bissett School of Business at Mount Royal University.