Claims 101 – Fastrax Version
This seminar introduces participants to, and develops their knowledge of, the claims handling process. Information and exercises will help improve understanding of the role and responsibilities of the insured, claimant, insurer and the producer in the investigation, negotiation and settlement of claims.
This seminar consists of ten (10) sections of material delivered in one half (1/2) day.
- Section 1 – Policies – Summary of Coverages.
- Section 2 – Participants in the Claims Process.
- Section 3 – The Insurer’s Claims Department.
- Section 4 – The Adjuster’s Role.
- Section 5 – Investigation – First and Third Party Claims.
- Section 6 – Fulfilling the Promise to Pay.
- Section 7 – Industry Agreements.
- Section 8 – Documentation and Preservation of Evidence.
- Section 9 – Litigation Challenges.
- Section 10 – Alternative Dispute Resolution & Exercise.
Continuing Education Credits – ID #36350
|1)||Alberta Insurance Council||3.75 hours
General, Adjuster Certificate
|2)||General Insurance Council of Manitoba||3.75 hours|
|3)||General Insurance Council of Saskatchewan||3.75 hours