With renewed Insurer interest in contents restoration, adjusters are looking to partner with restorers who can provide higher levels of service. Although standard methods of contents restoration have served restorers well in the past, doing just an average job of contents restoration may not be enough. Keeping up with new industry trends and developments is essential to job security. Consistently providing superior cleaning quality, faster turnaround, more in-house services and accurate documentation will create an ongoing demand for your services
The Future Success of contents operations is dependent upon taking your service capabilities from good to above average.
The seminar will show you how to:
3. Effectively organize, systemize and manage your contents operations for maximum efficiency and bottom-line improvement.
4. We’ll also discuss invoice optimization techniques and specific target marketing strategies that will set you apart and showcase your capabilities.
5. You’ll learn how to properly integrate ultrasonic and electronics restoration techniques that consistently yields failsafe results and accelerated production.
6. This workshop will also explore the benefits of implementing a chain of command, personnel structure and the duties and responsibilities associated with each team member in your contents operation.
7. Insurers are partnering with Quality Contents Restorers, Our expert trainers and consultants will share their vast experience and insights on how to effectively compete and win in today’s evolving marketplace.
Continuing Education Credits – ID #39490
|1)||Alberta Insurance Council||7.5 hours
General & Adjuster Certificate
|2)||General Insurance Council of Manitoba||7.5 hours|
|3)||General Insurance Council of Saskatchewan||7.5 hours