Register For SeminarContact Us
This seminar introduces participants to, and develops their knowledge into the world of Asbestos. Information provided will help participants understand how asbestos is used, how it can be abated & how to test where it is stored. Participants will also have the opportunity to see and try on the personal protective equipment used in the field.
Topics discussed include:
- Asbestos properties and uses.
- Health hazards and effects.
- Asbestos abatement-what are the different types of abatement projects and how do they differ.
- Legislation around asbestos in AB.
- Bulk material sampling – how many samples should be collected and where.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Restricted areas.
Continuing Education Credits – ID #36906
|1)||Alberta Insurance Council||3.75 hours
General, Adjuster Certificate
|2)||General Insurance Council of Manitoba||3.75 hours|
|3)||General Insurance Council of Saskatchewan||3.75 hours